Nurture, Educate and Inspire …
… pupils to be creative, honest, perseverant, responsible, respectful and good friends to one another.
At Hanborough Manor, we nurture every child in order that they receive the best possible education. We love our neighbour as ourselves so that we come to life in all its fullness. We seek a foster of excellence and care.
OUR EQUALITY OBJECTIVES
- Monitor and analyse pupil achievement and attendance data by disadvantage, race, gender and disability, and act on any trends or patterns in the data that require additional support for pupils.
- Ensure that the curriculum promotes role models and heroes that young people positively identify with, and which reflect the school’s diversity in terms of race, gender and disability.
- Celebrate cultural events throughout the year to increase pupil awareness and understanding of different communities and issues relating to race, disability, religion and gender, for example Diwali, Eid, Black History Month, One World Week.
- Ensure all pupils are given the opportunity to make a positive contribution to the life of the school, for example through involvement in the School Council and Radio Station by election class assemblies, fund raising etc.
- Increase the positions of responsibility open to pupils (eg Play Leaders).
- Embed a culture and attitude where use of discriminatory language is challenged.
- Monitor take-up by girls and boys of after school clubs and activities.
Hanborough Manor takes very seriously their responsibilities towards safeguarding.
Please report any concerns to our Designated Safeguarding Lead, Mrs Clare Morgan.
All adults working in any capacity in our school have enhanced DBS checks in place.