Welcome to the Year 5!
Routine and Information
- PE kits should be worn all day on our PE days. Year 5 PE days this term are: Tuesdays and Thursdays.
- Violin lessons on Wednesdays so children will need to remember to bring them in if they choose to take them home.
- Homework will be set on a Wednesday and it will be due in on the following Monday.
- Spellings form part of the homework. However these will be set on a Wednesday and tested on the following Monday. Your child should practice this spellings across the week.
- Please listen to your child read five times a week. Children are encouraged to write a comment independently once a week in their reading journals.
- Pencil cases – pupils in Year 5 are provided with all of the stationery items that they will need in class. If pupils wish to bring in a pencil case then it should be small and flat, containing no more than 15 items so that it can fit in trays. Stationery should be limited to fountain or handwriting pen, pencil, 1 rubber, 1 pencil sharpener, 1 ruler, 10 or less coloured pencils or felt tips.
- Uniform – Please see the updated uniform expectations document on the parents page.
- Hair – Long hair must be safely tied back and hair must be the child’s natural colour. Hair clips and hairbands should be plain and in school colours.
Monday - Friday: Miss Craine and Mrs Miller
Tuesday - Thursday: Miss Simpkins
We welcome you to come and speak to us if you have any queries. Please leave a message with the staff member at the gate if you cannot see a member of the Year 5 team.
What are we learning about this term?
Theme: Swept Away
Link text: Kensuke's Kingdom - Michael Morpurgo
Medium Term Plan
Happy New Year!
The children have enjoyed their first week back. They have started their looking at fractions (improper and mixed number fractions). In English, they had a great time using different instruments looking at syllables ready for writing Haikus! In P.E, Dance, they came up with some good dance moves, focusing on different movements within 8 beats. Have a lovely weekend.