PTA - Friends
WHAT DO THE FRIENDS DO?
There are two main functions:
- to raise money for the school!
- to foster understanding and co-operation between the various groups that make up the school – parents, staff and children.
HOW DO THE FRIENDS ACHIEVE THIS?
The ‘Friends’ organise many events during the school year. Some are for the children, (for example, children’s bingo, fashion show, film night and Christmas parties); some are for adults (the ever popular bingo and quiz nights and the recent ‘art exhibition’).
Our two main fundraising events of the year are the Christmas Craft Fair and the Summer Fair and Country Dancing. Traditionally these are very well supported and enable us to raise a significant amount of money.
We also arrange two ‘Bag2School’ collections a year which generate funds from textile recycling and we also co-ordinate the recycling of printer cartridges.
In September, another new initiative will be a coffee morning for new parents to the school. <br>
WHERE DO THE FUNDS GO?
All funds raised by the ‘Friends’ are held in their account and, previously we have used them to:
- Purchase musical Instruments
- Buy staging for the school hall
- Helped fund new playground equipment
- Given financial assistance for school trips
- Paid for school parties
- Bought the Y6 leavers a gift and organised a ‘leavers’ party
- Purchased new white boards for classroom use
- Provided much needed computer equipment, including video cameras and microscopes
- Bought new books for the school library